Air conditioner maintenance you can trust!
When you need to be cool or warm the most, you don’t want to have forgotten about air conditioner maintenance. At Air Conditioner Repair Service, we can keep your split system, ducted or other air conditioning units of all types, brands and ages in tip-top shape for every residential, commercial and other installation types.
Air conditioning technicians you can depend on
We are qualified air conditioning technicians and a family-owned and operated electrical business since 1986. Our team covers all suburbs from the Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, Brisbane and beyond. We can quickly attend to all suburbs for your air conditioning faults or issues.
MAKE A BOOKING!
Get upfront pricing and guaranteed workmanship when you book one of our expert air conditioner repair technicians today!
Residential & commercial air conditioner maintenance
When was the last time a professional gave your trusty air conditioner a look? Too many people wait until their unit isn’t blowing the desired temperature air before getting a fully-licensed, trained and experienced professional in the servicing & maintenance and repairs of air conditioning to pay them a visit. But it’s a lack of ongoing specialist cleaning, maintenance and servicing that is at the heart of many, many air conditioner problems – and the best air conditioner maintenance Brisbane & Sunsahine Coast wide can keep your unit running smoothly for years and years after that warranty has long expired.
Why you should use our air conditioner maintenance service
You get your car regularly serviced so that it keeps you on the road – so why wouldn’t you take the same approach by using premium air conditioner maintenance services?:
- Unit operation: Ongoing maintenance on air conditioner technologies of every type are the best and easiest way to avoid the most common problems – from full system failure to intermittent operation, leaks, filter clogging, circuit breaker tripping, strange smells and noises and much more.
- More expensive to run: Without critical air conditioner maintenance, your unit may not function as efficiently as it once did, resulting in much bigger power and energy bills.
- Health problems: If you’ve been experiencing a worsening of your allergies, unexplained migraines and even mild irritation in the mucous membranes, ask yourself this – ‘what’s the best service in air conditioner maintenance near me?’
- Cleaner functioning: Air conditioners that are rarely or poorly serviced, professional cleaned and maintained run under greater strain, resulting in the greater emitting of pollutants and carbon into the environment at the cost of significantly reduced system longevity.
What is involved with air conditioner maintenance?
You’ve heard the saying: prevention is better than the cure. So what exactly is involved with ongoing and timely maintenance on air conditioner technologies, and is it worth the bother and minor cost? Your experienced and friendly air conditioning technicians at Air Conditioner Repair Service will:
- Conduct a thorough, top-to-bottom system inspection
- Check condition of filters, coils, fins, drain channels and other components
- Dismantle components as required, both internal and external including heat exchanger, trays and fan
- Clean, repair or replace any deteriorated, broken or clogged parts
- Use specialised air conditioner cleaning tools, products, techniques & equipment
- Check refrigerant levels, detect leaks, measure airflow, verify electronics, check connections, oil motors, check belts, test thermostat accuracy.
Are you overdue for the timely maintenance of air conditioning systems and accessories at your place? Leave it too long and you’re exposing your expensive technology and asset to either steady performance decline or eventual failure, so we recommend a full and thorough maintenance and preventative servicing visit at least annually.
Give our air conditioner maintenance services a try!
At Air Conditioner Repair Service, we’ve serviced, maintained and repaired more air conditioner units and types than we dare to recall – and we’d love to help you out next! Our popular and affordable local air conditioner maintenance service covers all system types, conditions and brands so that you can stop worrying your unit will give up the ghost when you need it the most.
Give our friendly team at Air Conditioner Repair Service a call today for the fastest response, fully-guaranteed workmanship for life and fair, fixed pricing across Brisbane, Moreton Bay, the Sunshine Coast and beyond. Call today!
Need AIR CONDITIONER Repair Services? Get In Touch!
Send us a message with your air conditioner repair needs and we'll give you a call to answer any questions and arrange a booking.
We’ve helped thousands of residents just like you with all their air conditioner needs. What did they have to say about Air Conditioner Repair Service? Read some of our many five-star reviews to find out!
Replaced our broken old air con with new unit. Professional. Good price. Quality work.
…Installed our air conditioning. Nathan and the team were fantastic…
Installed split system AC – fantastic service… A+++ guys! Thank you.
Brands We Service
AIR CONDITIONING FAQ
How long do air conditioners last?
Because air conditioners are not cheap as chips, the question of how long they last is a pertinent one. However, 'air conditioners' is a word like 'shoes' - because there are a lot of different kinds! There's ducted, split systems, portable air conditioners and many more. But for most quality systems made by reputable manufacturers, the average warranty length is somewhere in the region to 12-15 years - which is a clear indication of predicted longevity.
Realistically, though - and especially if you follow the manufacturers' maintenance schedules strictly - you can expect to get up to 25 years or more from your new unit. To boost your chances of an air conditioner that lasts a quarter of a century or more, get it installed and serviced only by highly reputable and fully licensed air conditioner technicians.
Also relevant for air conditioner longevity are:
- Thermostat settings/general usage
- Climactic conditions and weather exposure (especially humidity, heat & rain)
- Air quality (ie. salty seaside locations).
Can an electrician repair or install an air conditioner?
The short answer is yes - from a legal, safety, warranty-related and investment point-of-view, you definitely need a fully licensed electrician to carry out professional installation and all servicing and repairs on your air conditioner unit.
It's important to note, however, that while electricians possess the basic skills and credentials to get the job done, specialist air conditioner technicians have the hands-on experience, deep technological knowledge and most specialised equipment & tools for true consumer peace of mind.
More generalised electrical appliance professionals are less experienced with dangerous refrigerants and may lack licensing by the Australian Refrigeration Council and the associated accredited training.
How much does it cost to run an air conditioner per hour?
It may feel refreshing on a hot day, but that perfectly cooled air definitely isn't cheap. How much it costs per hour, however, depends almost entirely on the air conditioner type, as there are vast running cost differences across the vast technological range.
What is clear is that, for most Australians, cooling and heating the air accounts for about 40% of homeowner's energy costs - and even more for those who are heavy users of ducted reverse cycle systems. More generally, the cost per hour depends on factors including:
- Energy star rating
- Fan/system speed
- Size/characteristics of home/rooms.
For guidance, cooling a small space with a small, efficient air conditioner can be as little as 25 cents per hour, rising to well beyond $3/hour for the aforementioned hefty reverse cycle unit in a bigger home.
Can I fix my AC unit myself?
With weekly household budgets more stretched than ever, it's tempting to wonder if you can save a few dollars by repairing your own air conditioner. If the 'repairs' involve cleaning or even replacing filters, or maintenance tasks like keeping the area clean & clear around the external unit, the answer is probably 'yes' - you can do some air conditioner repair DIY.
However, it's important not to overstep the mark and damage your system, incur much larger professional repair costs, or even terminally damage your air conditioner whilst simultaneously voiding the warranty. Before considering DIY air conditioner repair, consider:
- Safety: Remember, air conditioners consume high voltage levels.
- Tools: Not using specialised tools could only damage your system even more.
- Incorrect diagnosis: All too often, amateur diagnoses of problems can only exacerbate the real source of the fault.
What is the most common problem with AC?
Air conditioners aren't just expensive upfront, the ongoing costs are significant too - and then, servicing and repairs can cost you as well! It's therefore good to be ready for the most common problems when they crop up.
The most common problem, perhaps unsurprisingly, is that when you press the 'on' button, it simply doesn't turn on. Sometimes, the solution is super-simple - like a new set of thermostat batteries. It could also be another minor problem like a tripped circuit breaker.
The next most common air conditioner problems are:
- Dirty air filters
- Blower/motor issues
- Refrigerant leak
- Damaged compressor
- Electrical control problem
- Blocked drain pipe/other drainage issues
- Sensor failure.
How do you diagnose an air conditioner problem?
While you should always rely on the fully licensed and experienced services of a professional air conditioner technician, many common problems can actually be diagnosed by the homeowner.
So if you're having an issue with your system, follow these troubleshooting steps to get a head-start as to what the solution might be:
- Is the air filter dirty?
- Is the thermostat set correctly?
- Are the thermostat batteries flat?
- Are the circuit breakers tripped?
- Have you visually inspected the outdoor unit?
- Have you checked the air vents?
We would have also listed 'Are your refrigerant levels too low?', but certain critical issues such as this can only be attended to by a qualified HVAC electrician/technician with specialised tools and experience.
Need An Air Conditioner Technician?
For upfront pricing and guaranteed workmanship, call the air conditioning technician Brisbane & Sunshine Coast locals can rely on for fast and friendly service.